1. Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing (Please Try This!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Whisk all ingredients in bowl to blend. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Chill. Bring to room temperature before using.
2. Give Your Immune System a Boost by Making Fire Cider
3. Drink a Glass of Warm Lemon Water Every Morning.
- Gives your immune system a boost. Vitamin C is like our immune system's jumper cables, and lemon juice is full of it. ...
- Excellent source of potassium. ...
- Aids digestion. ...
- Cleanses your system. ...
- Freshens your breath. ...
- Keeps your skin blemish-free. ...
- Helps you lose weight. ...
- Reduces inflammation.
4. Disinfect a Wooden Cutting Board
No question about it—wooden cutting boards are far sturdier than plastic. Without regular disinfecting, though, the wood can hide bacteria long after you’re done cooking. Keep everything perfectly sanitary by rinsing off the cutting board with a solution of equal parts vinegar and water, then scrubbing with half a lemon and coarse salt.
5. Make Your Own Lemon Cough Syrup
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small saucepan and heat over low until coconut oil is melted.
- Take warm syrup by the spoonful as desired. You can also mix the syrup into hot water or tea.
- Once the syrup is cooled the coconut oil will harden.
- Store in refrigerator for up to a month. Gently warm the syrup up before using.